Helping People Work More Effectively in Teams
Successful team members don’t do the same thing at the same time. They do the right thing at the right time. And while team members work together toward a common goal, individuals still must play their separate parts in the process.
As organizations rely more and more on teams to innovate, problem-solve, produce, and compete at the speed of change, understanding and capitalizing on individual approaches to group process is the bottom line on creating high performance teams.
Discover the Right Roles for the Right People
The Team Dimensions Profile is a unique, self-directing learning instrument that helps individuals work from their strengths by identifying their most natural team role. This awareness also helps team members value the contribution of others. The five innovation roles include:
- Creator: Generates fresh ideas and original concepts. Goes beyond the obvious and sees the “big picture.” Adds spontaneity, excitement, and energy to the brainstorming process. Recognizes alternatives. Is willing to solve problems.
- Advancer: Recognizes new ideas in the early stages and develops ways to promote and move ideas toward implementation. Uses insightful planning and past experience to guide success. Energetically supports team objectives. Uses the most efficient method to achieve objectivies.
- Refiner: Challenges concepts and ideas, often playing “devil’s advocate.” Methodically analyzes ideas to uncover potential problems and suggest solutions. Is detail-oriented and analytical. Acts as a practical sounding board for new ideas.
- Executor: Lays the groundwork for implementation, paying attention to details and striving for quality outcomes. Is willing to execute ideas. Follows directions thoroughly to complete tasks and projects. Identifies flaws early in the process.
- Facilitator: Monitors the contributions of all team members and makes sure tasks are handed off at the right time in the process. Negotiates with all types of people. Identifies what is missing in the process and keeps things moving. Offers suggestions on how to improve the process.
“Z Process” Keeps Teams Moving in the Right Direction
The Team Dimensions Profile uses the “Z Process” to map the flow of assigning roles, completing tasks, and handing off tasks to other team members. In this relay process, tasks are passed from Creators to Advancers, from Advancers to Refiners, and from Refiners to Executors. Facilitators make sure the handoffs are made at the right time.
Capitalize on Individual Strengths for Total Team Performance
The Team Dimensions Profile helps teams in your organization:
- identify individual approaches to innovative teamwork
- match up individual strengths with team roles
- reinforce and appreciate the contributions of others
- encourage team innovation and problem-solving
- reduce project cycle time and increase productivity
- foster trust and build mutual support
- reduce team stress and conflict
The Team Dimensions Profile and its unique Z Process help you begin at the beginning and end with success in meeting the team challenge. It’s a proven way to clarify roles, simplify processes, and maximize individual contributions for total team results.
Common Workplace Issues. Uncommon Results.
Individual differences are key to the success of your organization. Yet these vital differences can also lead to common workplace issues. Stress. Conflict. Low productivity. Ineffective leadership. Resistance to change.
So how do you solve common problems among unique individuals? With self-directed learning instruments. These tools are based on the belief that individual awareness is key to organizational success. Organizations like yours use these resources to provide a common language, helping people capitalize on differences to achieve uncommon results.
Facilitator’s Kit and Pricing
The Team Dimensions Profile Facilitator’s Kit provides everything trainers need to administer the Team Dimensions Profile in facilitated sessions. The kit includes research and technical background, a fully scripted seminar, presentation materials on CD-ROM, and two profiles.
- Team Dimensions Profile Paper Profile (C-463) – $24.00
- Team Dimensions Profile 2.0 Online (10 EPIC Credits) – $39.50
- Team Dimensions Profile 2.0 Group Report (15 EPIC Credits) – $59.25
- EPIC Online One time Sub-Account Set-up Fee (W-821) (optional) – $177.75
- Team Dimensions Profile Facilitator’s Kit (B-463) – $600.00
- Team Dimensions Profile Hit the Mark Scorepads (I-B45) – $4.30
Call 978-298-5561 for more information, price list, shipping, taxes, terms, or to place an order.
“DiSC” and “Everything DiSC” are registered trademarks of John Wiley & Sons, Inc.